Job Posting #994 – Home Health Medical Social Worker
Home Health – Medical Social Worker
Date Posted: April 21, 2021
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 24 hours/week
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Friday
Pay Range: $28.55 – 42.83
Job Summary: The Medical Social Worker functions as an active member of the Home Care interdisciplinary team and renders services in accordance with the plan of care in the patient’s place of residence. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. Evaluates patients, planning and implementing effective therapeutic interventions based on assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of social work. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the Medical Social Worker provides supervision to Social Work Assistants and Social Work students assigned to the department. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Provides assistance to staff re: psychosocial aspects of care, community resources, service provisions, scope of practice, and referrals.
Education & License Requirements: Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Licensed Clinical Social Worker status preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: A minimum of one year full-time paid social work experience in a health care setting. Must have current driver’s license, a vehicle for transportation, and auto insurance. Must have a cell phone. Skills include: Excellent communication skills, flexible and creative, and the ability to problem-solve with little supervision. Good computer and time management skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile safely.
- Patient evaluation, plan, intervention and re-evaluation.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate at a fast pace.
- Communicate clearly: verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Maintain knowledge base of current community resources.
- Work within organizational policies and contracts.
- Coordinate home visits with other staff schedules.
- Work independently and maintain good time management.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Participate in conflict resolution, problem solving, peer communications and crisis management.
- Attend agency conferences, unit meetings and in-services.
- Serve as liaison between patient’s caregivers and physicians.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Documentation, computer use.
- Sound judgments.
- Supervise social work assistants and students.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones. Clerical duties – put together charts. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.