Job Posting #986 – WAP Occupational Therapist
Workers’ Action Program – Occupational Therapist
Date Posted: March 24, 2021
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Department: Workers’ Action Program
Responsible to: Workers’ Action Program Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $38.60 – 55.20
Job Summary: Responsible for planning and implementing specific treatment and/or evaluation programs for patients (injured workers) according to the principles and practices of Occupational Therapy. Such programs include Work Hardening, Work Tolerance Screenings, Pre-placement Tests, Physical Capacity Evaluations, and job site analyses.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as an Occupational Therapist.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Preference given to Occupational Therapists with experience in orthopedics and/or injured worker programs. Desired skills include: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice including the basic knowledge related to Occupational Therapy such as: biological, physical, social/behavioral, and medical sciences and their applications for a better understanding of patient care problems, flexibility to handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted and changed by immediate circumstances.
Essential Job Functions:
- Select and administer appropriate initial evaluations to referred patients.
- Develop individual patient treatment plans identifying appropriate and realistic goals.
- Implement patient treatment as scheduled.
- Re-evaluate patients and progress at appropriate intervals, modifying treatment programs as indicated.
- Report on patient progress through progress notes and/or oral reports in team meetings.
- Prepare appropriate written reports for physicians, insurance carriers, employers, vocational counselors, attorneys and patients in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with physicians and other members of the health care team relative to patient treatment and progress.
- Contact and collaborate with appropriate agency personnel relative to individual patient treatment programs, progress and equipment needs.
- Perform job site analyses, assess worksite, and present injury prevention programs.
- Develop and conduct pre-placement tests, injury prevention screens, and essential function testing according to established criteria.
- Market to community at large, businesses, and employers via public speaking, and preparing students as assigned.
- Responsible for continuing education.
- Attend departmental staff meetings and assist in departmental activities as indicated.
- Coordinate and prioritize own time in relation to overlapping demands.
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with organization and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a caring and understanding attitude toward patients, family members, clients and fellow employees.
- Perform other duties within Occupational Health/Medicine as requested.
- Complete ergonomic evaluations and job analyses for Cascade Health employees as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions: Light cleaning, answer phones, clerical duties. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.