Job Posting #976 – Occupational Health Medical Record Clerk
Occupational Health – Medical Record Clerk
Date Posted: February 17, 2021
Job Title: Medical Record Clerk
Department: Occupational Health
Responsible to: Occupational Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $14.84 – 22.26
Job Summary: The Medical Record Clerk is responsible for processing medical records in an accurate and efficient manner while maintaining confidentiality and adhering to HIPAA regulations. Responsible for organizing and evaluating medical records for completeness, providing x-ray disks, and efficiently processing and reviewing physical exam documentation to assure accuracy. Verifies that patient record forms are completed, properly identified and signed, and that all necessary information is captured.
Education & License Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be detail oriented, methodical, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Desired skills include: Proficient in Windows based software, ability to work independently, multi-tasking, good time management, demonstrated pleasant and professional demeanor when dealing with others.
Essential Job Functions:
- File and scan medical record, documents and charts.
- Review physical exams to assure accuracy.
- Assist with fax distribution.
- Retrieve charts and break down medical records.
- Assist with processing medical record requests.
- Use electronic health record (EHR) system to scan and retrieve patient medical records.
- Process referrals and preauthorized procedures.
- Communicate effectively, deliver exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to departmental teamwork efforts.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with a good memory for numbers and names.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of patient health information.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and reach for patient medical records.
Other Job Functions: Light cleaning. Fill in for co-workers as needed. Troubleshoot general office equipment problems.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.