Job Posting #971 – Hospice On-Call Staff RN
Hospice – On-Call Staff RN
Job Title: On-Call Staff RN
Responsible to: Hospice Director
Hours: 48 hours/pay period
Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off
Pay Range: $35.72 – 52.94
Job Summary: The on-call registered nurse functions as a member of the Home Care team, providing skilled care to Hospice & Home Health patients in their place of residence during the evening and night hours based on patient needs. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the Hospice philosophy and provides treatment to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. May be assigned patient care visits for existing patients or admission evaluations for new patients. The on-call nurse will provide coverage for department non-business hours of 4:30 pm – 8:00 am, Wednesday through Tuesday, and will receive 48 hours of compensation per pay period whether or not the nurse actually works that many hours.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse and current CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care experience. Hospice & Home Health experience preferred. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a dependable, insured vehicle for transportation to visits, a current driver’s license, and a means of communication. Skills include: a high degree of written and verbal communication, flexible, team player. Good case management, time management, and assessment skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patient evaluation, develops the plan of care, interventions, and re-evaluation.
- Administer treatments, including IV therapy.
- Patient and family education.
- Work independently, good time management.
- Sound judgment.
- Documentation, computer use.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Ability to drive an automobile safely.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties – put together charts, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties, stock supplies in patient rooms, cooking.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.