Job Posting #969 – Hospice Aide
Hospice – Hospice Aide
Date Posted: January 27, 2021
Job Title: Hospice Aide
Responsible to: Hospice Director
Hours: 32 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $16.63 – 24.95
Job Summary: The Hospice Aide functions as a member of the Hospice House team, providing services to patients and families. Provides personal care and hygiene related services for patients according to the physician’s plan of treatment and under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Related services will include incidental household tasks which may include cooking and meal preparation. The Hospice Aide is provided with a care plan which details the aspects of care assigned. Reports signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to dying patients. Participates in the orientation of new employees. This is an 8 hour per day, evening shift position.
Education & License Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent and current State of Oregon certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant. Must become a Certified Hospice Aide and obtain a food handlers permit within two weeks of employment, programs provided.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year acute care or nursing home experience preferred. Must have valid CPR card. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication and computer skills. Flexible team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide compassionate, heartfelt care that respects patient rights.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with potential emotionally charged situations.
- Transfer and move patients.
- Take vital signs.
- Provide personal care – ADL’s.
- Exhibit excellent observational skills, report pain and symptom changes to RN.
- Use equipment, including but not limited to hospital bed, wheelchair, lift assistive device, hand held shower, and walker.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, electronic, telephone.
- Accept assignments, follow instructions and directions under the supervision of a RN.
- Meet safety needs of patients.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Assist with light housekeeping, cleaning, cooking, and homemaking services.
- Strip and make beds.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and inservices.
- Complete electronic documentation in a timely manner.
- Work well within a team structure.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Assist with clerical duties.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.