Job Posting #961 – Hospice Physician
Hospice – Physician
Date Posted: December 15, 2020
Job Title: Physician
Responsible to: Hospice Director
Pay Range: TBD
Job Summary: The Physician will use proven palliative medicine skills and leadership strengths to support end-of-life patient care needs in the field and at the Pete Moore Hospice House. Will serve as a resource to Hospice staff clinical assistance needs and will provide call coverage on a rotational basis with other physicians and nurse practitioners. This role will include periodic attendance at IDT meetings.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a MD or DO. Board certification in a primary specialty, as well as in Palliative Care Medicine is desired.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Demonstrated expertise and experience beyond licensing in leadership of other healthcare professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care for individual patients.
- Counsel with families and patients to determine long term and short-term goals that align with the wishes of the patient.
- Perform history and physical examinations for new patients, followed by periodic consultations and appropriate follow-up activities. This essential function requires above average verbal communication abilities, as well as trained palpation, auscultation, observation, and other applicable skills.
- Order and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures.
- Determine needed laboratory testing based on history and physical findings.
- Demonstrate comprehension and problem solving skills.
- Formulate a documented assessment and plan for each patient.
- Document appropriate patient care information in the EMR.
- Actuate expert symptom management techniques and skills.
- Utilize skills for managing chronic, long term illness.
- Provide customized patient and family education.
- Utilize effective leadership and communication skills with team members that honor the core values of Cascade Health.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.