Job Posting #960 – Diabetes & Nutrition Education Nurse Educator
Diabetes & Nutrition Education – Nurse Educator
Date Posted: December 15, 2020
Job Title: Nurse Educator
Department: Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Responsible to: Diabetes & Nutrition Education Manager
Hours: 20 hours/week
Schedule: Tues – Thurs
Pay Range: TBD
Job Summary: Develop and maintain the clinical/nursing component of the Diabetes & Nutrition Education programs. Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to treat and manage chronic health conditions.
Education & License Requirements: Current Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the State of Oregon is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Current Certified Diabetes Educator, or must obtain certification within two years of hire.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Previous experience in providing assessment and treatment plans to clients managing health conditions is required. Must have experience facilitating group presentations and group process. Experience in addictive disorders, weight management, and diabetes self-management desired.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication with staff, referring MD/specialist, and clients.
- Maintain working knowledge and skill application of the American Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines in providing recommendations for diabetic management and treatment.
- Demonstrate computer and keyboarding skills to efficiently utilize clinical software system.
- Motivate and facilitate lifestyle changes with emphasis on self-management and prevention of chronic health conditions in individuals and groups.
- Facilitate goal setting and problem solving with clients.
- Provide assessment and treatment plans to those referred; participate in case management.
- Document and provide communication to referring PCP/specialist.
- Provide clinical services (weight, blood glucose, and injections) and assessments within the scope of nursing practice for various health conditions.
- Develop written educational material for use in classes, workbooks, and individual counseling.
- Organize, prioritize, and problem solve clinical issues.
- Collect and interpret medical data that supports patient care.
- Function independently and as an active participant in team efforts.
Other Job Functions: Move furniture, light cleaning, and clerical duties. Participate in special projects when assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.