Job Posting #948 – Administration Compliance Coordinator
Administration – Compliance Coordinator
Date Posted: November 19, 2020
Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Clinical Services
Hours: 32 – 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $26.54 – 39.82
Job Summary: Assist organizational leadership with development and maintenance of policies and procedures. Provide knowledge of relevant regulations and expertise in compliance processes to help the organization address regulatory obligations and promote organizational integrity through the operation of an effective compliance program.
Education & License Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare related field or equivalent education/ experience required. Compliance, regulatory affairs, and HIPAA experience preferred. Certificate in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have at least two years of progressive experience in health care operations, healthcare compliance, and internal audits. Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to operations and clinical services. Extensive knowledge of and experience in compliance and management of an effective compliance and HIPAA privacy program, including training, monitoring, conducting and documenting investigations, addressing violations and monitoring corrective actions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and assure organizational compliance with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements, as well as state and federal laws governing health care services.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk, review contracts, and conduct ad hoc investigations as needed.
- Oversee and report policy and HIPAA related breaches, complaints, and variances.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal compliance audit policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practice.
- Review new products, systems, or processes to ensure compliance.
- Collect and coordinate internal compliance data for auditors and departmental risk assessments.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely reporting of audit information and risk analysis to organizational leadership.
- Develop organization-wide policies and procedures, maintain tracking and reporting tools to document compliance with applicable regulations.
- Demonstrate highly developed written and verbal communication skills for presentations to various levels within the organization.
- Utilize compliance knowledge and expertise in the development and delivery of organization’s required compliance and HIPAA compliant privacy program.
- Collaborate effectively with departments, with a willingness to engage across teams, leading indirectly through influence.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and personal integrity when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Coordinate compliant organization-wide response to medical record release of information requests, including subpoenas and court orders.
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects and a variety of complicated tasks simultaneously.
- Create and monitor Business Associate Agreements to ensure that all business associates are maintaining their privacy requirements and responsibilities.
- Ensure the protection of patient rights in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Evaluate areas of potential risk in conjunction with applicable insurance carriers.
Essential Job Functions: Perform other duties as assigned, including clerical duties and answering phones.