Job Posting #946 – Administration Project Coordinator
Administration – Project Coordinator
Date Posted: November 12, 2020
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Responsible to: Project Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $19.67 – 29.51
Job Summary: Support organizational activities by providing high-level administrative assistance for new system implementation. Assist with project management, quality improvement initiatives, and project teams consisting of internal and external resources to deliver solutions and needed services to all departments. Duties may vary based on the needs of the organization. Provide quality improvement support by reporting patient outcomes based on a variety of healthcare reform initiatives. Provide training to new and existing employees, especially in regard to electronic health record software applications.
Education & License Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Healthcare work experience with knowledge of clinical work flow and process required. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of computer systems, with 1-2 years of experience as a healthcare information user. Previous experience with an electronic health record preferred. Experience training and supporting end users on electronic health record highly desired. Experience implementing electronic health record technology preferred. Experience in gathering and analyzing data and creating Excel pivot tables and dashboards desirable. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and related systems, such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and familiarity with office procedures and terminology. Knowledge and experience in successful delivery of training material for adult learners. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Pro. Competency in effective written, electronic, and verbal communication. Ability to work effectively as a member of a healthcare team. Ability to work independently and manage time appropriately. Ability to take direction as well as direct the work of others. Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and effectively manage competing priorities. Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as super-user for electronic health record software. Deliver basic, intermediate, and advanced electronic health record training to staff.
- Assist in development of operational policies and procedures necessary to support use of the electronic health record, including preparation and go-live checklists for EHR implementation.
- Assist with duties involved in various organizational projects. Help support implementation of new initiatives that assist in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Assist with creation of process workflows as it relates to assigned projects, and/or to support other internal process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate excellent follow through on assigned actionable tasks/items.
- Facilitate the identification of key quality measures, data analysis, process improvement planning, and the implementation of redesigned processes for clinical systems and operational functions to support quality patient care.
- Effectively collaborate with staff to obtain, document, and validate information related to assigned projects.