Job Posting #944 – Hospice Program Assistant
Hospice – Program Assistant
Date Posted: November 2, 2020
Job Title: Program Assistant
Responsible to: Hospice Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $15.97 – 23.95
Job Summary: The Program Assistant is responsible for referral phone coverage and supporting Hospice House, Home Health, and Hospice referrals, new admits, received orders, labeling, and filing. Assist with audits, multiple weekly reports and initial medication entry into the EMR, monthly meeting attendance, and fax distribution. Provide back-up coverage for Home Health and Hospice referrals, verification of insurance and benefits, prior authorizations, obtaining necessary documentation for eligibility.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, or business school graduate. Medical terminology and spelling, knowledge of anatomy and physiology, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have at least one year of experience in a medical office or similar healthcare setting. One year of clerical experience required. Desired skills include: demonstrated ability to perform a variety of clerical/receptionist functions, Windows skills, including Word, Outlook, electronic medical record system knowledge, and Excel. Strong telephone and communication skills are required. Flexible team player in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work in a busy area, adapting to frequent interruptions while maintaining efficiency, demonstrating a calm, professional demeanor and pleasant manner.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work at a varied pace.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/family information.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of grammar, spelling, English, and medical terminology.
- Work independently with a self-starter, flexible, and motivated approach.
- Utilize strong organizational skills with good memory for numbers and names.
- Communicate in an objective, tactful, diplomatic manner with staff, patients, and visitors.
- Contribute to departmental team needs.
- Operate all standard business office equipment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of healthcare data systems and Word, with data entry skills equivalent to 60 wpm.
Marginal Job Functions: Fill in for co-workers and cross train as needed. Troubleshoot general office equipment problems. Clean work area.