Job Posting #943 – Hospice Assistant Manager
Hospice – Assistant Manager
Date Posted: November 2, 2020
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Responsible to: Hospice Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: TBD
Job Summary: Assists the Hospice Director in the operational management of the Hospice Department, including the coordination of hospice care among the patient, family, physician, hospice care team, and community resources. Participates, with the Hospice Director, in the planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating direct and indirect patient care. May require delivery of skilled nursing care when staffing requires supplementation. Assumes a leadership role for Hospice services in conjunction with the Hospice Director. Assures ongoing education to SNF’s and ALF’s that utilize hospice services. Assists with marketing of Hospice in the community. Assists with the coordination and orientation of new employees. Participates in the QAPI process. Will function as back-up coverage for the Hospice Director to assure seamless operations. Will share departmental call coverage responsibilities with the Hospice Director on a rotational basis.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years of previous supervisory experience in the hospice setting preferred. Two years’ experience working with the medical and psychosocial needs of the terminally ill. Must have a valid driver’s license and an insured vehicle for transportation. Desired skills include: Clinical excellence, demonstrated leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of current health care concepts, trends, theories, and expertise in the area of delivery of hospice services. Ability to work as a positive, contributing member of the Hospice Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain knowledge base of current nursing practices.
- Coordinate staff & patient scheduling.
- Participate with conflict resolution and peer communication.
- Work independently using time management skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and leadership skills.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Use clinical equipment, take vital signs.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate routinely and in crisis situations.
- Utilize clinical nursing skills, including CPR, respond to emergencies, complete patient assessments.
- Provide patient/family teaching and coaching for clinical staff.
- Organize orientation process for new employees in conjunction with the CQI Coordinator.
- Assist in hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising staff.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients, safely drive a vehicle.
- Market Hospice services to community and facilities.
- Assist with resource management by reviewing the expenses related to hospice clinical practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively use computer applications including clinical software.
- Provide back-up coverage for the Hospice Director duties, as needed.
- Attend occasional team meetings.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones. Clerical duties. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule.