Job Posting #942 – Administration Human Resources Assistant
Administration – Human Resources Assistant
Date Posted: November 2, 2020
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Responsible to: Human Resources Director
Hours: 20 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $16.24 – 24.36
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to a variety of human resource functions including: recruitment, benefit administration, staff development, personnel file maintenance, employee health & wellness, and employee events. Position requires tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues in a confidential and professional manner. Duties require strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Education & License Requirements: : Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: A minimum of one year of clerical/administrative support experience is required. Must be collaborative with a willingness and ability to be flexible as needs change. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in word processing, database maintenance, and spreadsheet management. Must demonstrate initiative and assure consistent follow-through. Must be skilled in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships. Must be able to communicate and present information, with working knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with vacant position posting process and requested advertisement arrangements.
- Process employment applications received, generate follow-up communication with applicants.
- Coordinate and organize new employee orientation.
- Perform periodic random and new-hire background and sanctions checks, maintain compliance log.
- Update and maintain employment-related lists.
- Compile recruitment, new-hire, and benefit packets.
- Complete online benefit enrollment changes and assist with other employment status change procedures.
- Arrange and document completion of annual in-service training program.
- Track performance evaluation completion and professional license renewal deadline compliance.
- Assist with statutory leave requests, employment verification, COBRA, workers’ comp & unemployment claims.
- Process volunteer applications and arrange required orientation.
- Coordinate staff health & wellness activities, sick leave system, and recognition events.
- Create personnel files, organize, file, purge, scan, and fax confidential documents.
- Help with HR documentation follow-up needs, occasional online research, and pension plan tasks.
- Handle questions and concerns in a professional manner, serving as a resource on various HR-related topics.
- Assure exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, & electronic communication with a service-oriented focus.
- Function independently, multi-task, prioritize workload effectively, and manage time efficiently.
- Sound judgment, appropriate decision-making, resourcefulness, with an aptitude toward solving problems.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy, and maintain a strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Organize work tasks, assuring a quality work product, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, and PageMaker.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phone, process mail, order supplies, light cleaning, occasional errands, moving of equipment and supplies.