Job Posting #938 – Home Health Staff LPN
Home Health – Staff LPN
Date Posted: October 13, 2020
Job Title: Staff LPN
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $23.34 – 34.61
Job Summary: The licensed practical nurse functions as a member of the Home Health team, providing skilled care to Home Health patients in their place of residence. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. The LPN evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity and delegates care to the LPN. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Licensed Practical Nurse and valid CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience. Home Health experience preferred. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a current driver’s license, a dependable insured vehicle for transportation to visits, a means of communication, and the ability to share on-call responsibilities. Desired skills include: high degree of written and verbal communication skills, flexible, team player. Exhibits a high level of understanding of symptoms related to different types of illness, preventive measures, and methods to control or reduce adverse symptoms. Skills include: a high degree of written and verbal communication, flexible, team player. Good case management, time management, and assessment skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patient, participate in the development of the plan of care.
- Administer treatments in accordance with physician orders.
- Deliver patient and family education.
- Work independently, utilizing good time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Complete electronic clinical documentation within required timelines.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Drive a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Obtain lab specimens.
- Provide wound care and chronic disease management.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties – put together charts, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.