Job Posting #934 – Home Health Clinical Assistant Manager
Home Health – Clinical Assistant Manager
Date Posted: October 2, 2020
Job Title: Clinical Assistant Manager
Department: Home Health
Responsible To: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: TBD
Job Summary: Assist in the operational leadership of the home health department, including the coordination of home health care among the patient, family, physician, home health care team, and community resources. Participate with the home health manager and program coordinator in planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating direct and indirect patient care. Will participate in the hospice and home health management on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon licensure as a Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years of leadership experience in the home health setting preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and an insured vehicle for transportation. Desired skills include clinical excellence, demonstrated leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, and excellent communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day operations of the department and provide back-up coverage to assure seamless daily operations.
- Serve in a leadership capacity and work as a positive, contributing member of the home health team.
- Maintain knowledge base of current home health rules, regulations, and best clinical practices.
- Respond to general phone calls about home health services and triage clinical calls.
- Reconcile medication lists with facilities and communicate regular IDT reports to facilities.
- Manage fax documentation of current patients and provide DME fax back-up coverage.
- Assist with medication entry for new admits and initiate clinical summaries.
- Deliver skilled nursing care when staffing requires supplementation for urgent patient visits.
- Contribute to ongoing education needs of SNFs and ALFs that utilize home health services.
- Provide community education/in-services and assist with marketing home health in the community.
- Understand current concepts, trends, and theories related to the delivery of home health services.
- Model effective communications skills: verbal, written, and electronic.
- Coordinate staffing plan and patient scheduling, assure resolution to any on-call shift issues.
- Work independently using time management and clinical critical thinking skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and leadership skills, participate in the QAPI process.
- Attend team meetings and participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate routinely and in crisis situations.
- Utilize clinical skills, including CPR, respond to emergencies, and complete patient assessments.
- Provide patient/family teaching and coaching for clinical staff.
- Coordinate orientation for new staff in conjunction with CQI coordinator and home health leadership.
- Assist in hiring, evaluating, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients and safely operate a vehicle.
- Review expenses related to home health clinical practice to assist with resource management.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively use computer applications, including clinical software.
- Provide back-up coverage for various home health duties, as needed.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.