Job Posting #932 – Diabetes & Nutrition Education Program Assistant
Diabetes & Nutrition Education – Program Assistant
Date Posted: September 28, 2020
Job Title: Program Assistant
Department: Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Responsible to: Diabetes & Nutrition Education Manager
Hours: 8 hours/week
Schedule: Tuesday – Thursday, to be discussed
Pay Range: $15.97 – 23.95
Job Summary: Provide secretarial and reception support to the Diabetes Self-Management Program, Medical Nutrition Therapy, as well as backup for other Diabetes and Nutrition services and programs.
Education & License Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have secretarial experience to include strong customer relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform clerical support and reception tasks.
- Answer phones, take and relay messages, greet clients, triage needs.
- Schedule clients and confirm appointments.
- Register patients, create and file medical records.
- Organize workload and projects, prioritize, multi-task, problem solve, and function independently.
- Use computers, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Sit, type, listen and speak with individuals in person or on the phone for long periods.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Acquire medical records from referring source.
- Obtain referrals and prior insurance authorization.
- Order DSM supplies and maintain inventory.
- Coordinate DSM classes, schedule clients for classes and individual appointments.
- Prepare statistical reports, when requested.
- Discharge patients.
- Participate in case management meetings.
- Collect money for services and products.
- Assist with volunteer activities for the department.
Other Job Functions: Move furniture, light cleaning. Perform other duties as assigned.