Job Posting #926 – Administration / Foundation Development & Marketing Director
Administration / Foundation – Development & Marketing Director
Date Posted: September 1, 2020
Job Title: Development & Marketing Director
Department: Administration / Foundation
Responsible to: CEO
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Discussed
Job Summary: The Development & Marketing Director is responsible for developing strong philanthropic support and a successful marketing program that enhances community relationships on behalf of Cascade Health. Reporting to the CEO, and under the direction of the Cascade Health Board of Directors, the position oversees all fundraising activities and marketing initiatives. Serving as a member of Cascade Health Senior Leadership, the Director cultivates donor relationships, plans and implements fund development strategies, creates and executes a comprehensive marketing plan, manages special event volunteers, contributes to the organization’s positive image in the community, creates public awareness of Cascade Health’s mission and services, assuring proper accountability and management of Foundation funds and the marketing budget.
Education & License Requirements: : Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study. CFRE certification preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in the fund development field. Experience in healthcare fundraising and marketing preferred. Excellent leadership, managerial, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors in developing fundraising strategies to support the philanthropic needs of the organization.
- Create and maintain relationships with donors, including identification, development, cultivation, solicitation, data tracking, and stewardship.
- Collaborate with CEO defined organizational priorities and department funding needs.
- Oversee all fundraising activities, including capital campaigns, major gift programs, grant proposals, planned giving programs, direct mail solicitations, endowment funds, and special events.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and oversee the annual major fund raising event, Festival of Trees.
- Manage donor records and the accounting of monies/gifts received by the Foundation.
- Maintain knowledge base of current healthcare and fundraising issues and trends.
- Verify compliance with all relevant regulations and laws ensuring compliance in accordance with industry standards for professional fundraising activities.
- Work collaboratively with Occupational Health leadership and providers with outreach to various business leaders and partner companies.
- Plan, develop, administrate, and evaluate the effectiveness of the Foundation.
- Assure strong financial management and oversight of the Foundation budget.
- Manage volunteers involved with fundraising events, including the Festival of Trees.
Marketing, Communication, Community Relations
- Plan, develop, and oversee marketing strategies including advertising campaigns, creation of collateral pieces, development and maintenance of Cascade Health’s internet presence and social media activities.
- Educate the community and local organizations about Cascade Health services through presentations and public speaking engagements.
- Research, identify, evaluate, administer, and integrate strategic considerations and outreach opportunities as they relate to Cascade Health programs and services.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and the Provider & Community Liaison to create, implement, and coordinate ways to meet identified marketing needs of Cascade Health departments.
- Market departmental services through building and strengthening relationships, and energetically pursuing community outreach opportunities.
- Provide professional support and serve as a resource to managers in marketing their services.
- Provide strong leadership in a manner consistent with Cascade Health’s culture and core values, to support a vibrant, healthy organization that is able to fulfill the mission of being responsive to the unmet healthcare needs of our community.
- Demonstrate strong written & verbal communication skills, including formal or informal presentations in public, group, or social settings.
- Participate in strategic planning efforts, including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address community needs.
- Contribute to the positive professional image and reputation of Cascade Health in the community through involvement in various business-related activities.
- Model outstanding problem solving, conflict resolution, and solid peer communication.
- Exemplify a consistent display of sound judgment and decision making capabilities.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures to support development and marketing services.
- Hire, develop, coach, counsel, and evaluate the performance of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and the Provider & Community Liaison positions.
- Provide program and project management.
Marginal Job Functions: Clerical and data entry duties. Move furniture, carry supplies, and orchestrate special events. Attend outside meetings and events after regular business hours.