Job Posting #912 – Pete Moore Hospice House Hospice Aide
Pete Moore Hospice House – Hospice Aide
Date Posted: July 22, 2020
Job Title: Hospice Aide
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 28 hours/week
Schedule: Night Shift
Pay Range: $15.38 – 23.08
Job Summary: The Hospice Aide functions as a member of the Hospice House team, providing services to patients and families. Provides personal care and hygiene related services for patients according to the physician’s plan of treatment and under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Related services will include incidental household tasks which may include cooking and meal preparation. The Hospice Aide is provided with a care plan which details the aspects of care assigned. Reports signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to dying patients. Participates in the orientation of new employees. This position works one 12 hour night shift and two 8 hour evening shifts on a rotating schedule, with rotating weekends.
Education & License Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent and current State of Oregon certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant. Must become a Certified Hospice Aide and obtain a food handlers permit within two weeks of employment, programs provided.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year acute care or nursing home experience preferred. Must have valid CPR card. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication and computer skills. Flexible team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide compassionate, heartfelt care that respects patient rights.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with potential emotionally charged situations.
- Transfer and move patients.
- Take vital signs.
- Provide personal care – ADL’s.
- Exhibit excellent observational skills, report pain and symptom changes to RN.
- Use equipment, including but not limited to hospital bed, wheelchair, lift assistive device, hand held shower, and walker.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, electronic, telephone.
- Accept assignments, follow instructions and directions under the supervision of a RN.
- Meet safety needs of patients.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Assist with light housekeeping, cleaning, cooking, and homemaking services.
- Strip and make beds.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and inservices.
- Complete electronic documentation in a timely manner.
- Work well within a team structure.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
Other Job Functions: Answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Assist with clerical duties.