Job Posting #907 – Diabetes & Nutrition Education Dietitian / Diabetes Educator
Diabetes & Nutrition Education – Dietitian / Diabetes Educator
Date Posted: July 15, 2020
Job Title: Dietitian / Diabetes Educator
Department: Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Responsible to: Diabetes & Nutrition Education Manager
Hours: 16 – 20 hours/week
Schedule: Tues – Thurs
Pay Range: $25.00 – 37.50
Job Summary: Develop and maintain the nutritional component of the Diabetes & Nutrition Education programs. Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to treat and manage chronic health conditions.
Education & License Requirements: Current Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is required. Current Licensed Dietitian in the State of Oregon, if eligible. Current Certified Diabetes Educator highly desirable, or willing to become certified.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Previous experience in dietetics providing assessment and treatment plans to clients managing health conditions is required. Experience facilitating group presentations and group process is required. Experience in addictive disorders, weight management and diabetes self-management desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Motivate and facilitate lifestyle changes and adherence to treatment plans with emphasis on eating behaviors and food choices.
- Facilitate goal setting and problem solving with clients in groups and individually.
- Provide medical nutrition therapy and general nutrition education to various age groups, including patients under the age of 18.
- Express compassion while providing science based information and nutritional assessments.
- Use exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication with staff, referring MD/ Specialist, and clients.
- Obtain vital signs, assess, treat and manage patient health conditions.
- Document services provided and communicate with referring PCP/specialist.
- Research, plan and facilitate group presentations.
- Develop written educational materials that are appropriate for various target groups for use in classes and individual nutritional counseling.
- Collect and interpret data, including statistical data.
- Balance multiple projects effectively.
- Create and evaluate additional health based services.
Other Job Functions: Facilitate periodic, evening diabetes classes as assigned. Light cleaning, move furniture, and clerical functions. Participate in Cascade Health committees. Participate in special projects as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.