Job Posting #905 – Pete Moore Hospice House Housekeeper
Pete Moore Hospice House – Housekeeper
Date Posted: July 1, 2020
Job Title: Housekeeper
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 16 hours/week
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday
Pay Range: $12.44 – 18.67
Job Summary: The Housekeeper role is vital to the overall appearance of the Pete Moore Hospice House for all patients, families and visitors. The Housekeeper will perform custodial, housekeeping, and light household maintenance duties throughout and on the grounds of the Pete Moore Hospice House to create an attractive and supportive environmental space for patients and families. The Housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning and disinfection of patient care areas, preparing individual rooms for new patients, daily and periodic cleaning of both the public and clinical areas in and around the Pete Moore Hospice House. Specific cleaning assignments will be outlined at the beginning of each shift.
Education & License Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand written and spoken English. Work experience in commercial (hospital, clinic, hotel) cleaning preferred. Desired skills include: manual cleaning and disinfecting techniques, use of both manual and power cleaning equipment. Good organizational and record keeping skills with computer application experience. Ability to problem-solve, prioritize tasks, use good judgment, and demonstrate initiative. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be knowledgeable of infection control principles, including use of personal protective equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate all cleaning equipment.
- Clean entrances, floors, walls, doors, furniture, phones, equipment, lights, fans, ledges, cabinets, counter tops, windows, blinds, sills, showers, and toilets.
- Dust mop, wet mop, vacuum, as well as daily cleaning of family kitchen, clinical kitchen, administrative areas, and break room.
- Assist with light outdoor cleaning and sweeping of patient room patio areas.
- Dispose of trash and soiled linen from patient care areas.
- Package and transport containers to biohazard waste staging area, including sharps container maintenance.
- Perform recycling duties.
- Prioritize and complete assigned project-based cleaning tasks.
- Remove trash and debris from the exterior of the building.
- Complete light maintenance duties – duties associated with care of a home.
- Perform conference room set-ups, as requested.
- Deliver boxes of supplies to respective departments.
- Assure proper inventory of cleaning supplies is in stock, communicate items needed in advance.
- Assist with quality assurance and control activities, as assigned.
- Record completion of tasks.
- Order supplies.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Light mechanics.
- Replace vacuum cleaner bags.