Job Posting #898 – Mobile Health Medic
Mobile Health – Medic
Date Posted: May 28, 2020
Job Title: Medic
Department: Mobile Health
Responsible to: Occupational Health Manager
Pay Range: $15.97 – 23.95
Job Summary: Responds to field calls, providing initial on-site first aid to injured employees and patrons at local business sites. Transports patients, as necessary. Collects urine and blood specimens for testing and performs breath alcohol testing. Documents care performed and completes required forms. Required to assist in the Occupational Health Department and with other organizational functions. Performs wheelchair transfer duties utilizing a wheelchair accessible van. Inspects and refills first-aid kits for client companies. Could be scheduled for up to 24-hour shifts, which may include some weekends. May assist with organizational courier services and facility maintenance duties.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon Emergency Medical Technician certification in good standing. Must have current driver’s license. Preference given to EMT’s with phlebotomy certification/training.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of six months of field experience, which includes delivering direct patient care with a recognized EMS agency, either as a paid or volunteer member. Must be available for 24 hour shifts. Must have insurable driving record. Desired skills include: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Customer service skill and experience. Ability to work independently. Ability to handle extremely stressful situations and anxious persons with compassion and understanding. Must be able to meet essential job functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess patients and render first aid and other required procedures.
- Operate, unassisted, Mobile Health vehicles, drive in all kinds of adverse weather conditions, both day and night.
- Walk through various company facilities, including climbing and descending stairs and ladders, climbing and walking on catwalks, uneven surfaces, under and around conveyor belts and other mechanical obstacles carrying a 20 pound medical kit, first aid supplies, and miscellaneous equipment, or any combination of equipment listed.
- Transport patients in Mobile Health and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- Read and follow instructions on forms; document patient care.
- Manage time in an effective manner.
- Use computer for required applications.
- Operate, lift, move, and carry departmental equipment.
- Transport and deliver various supplies.
- Wash, vacuum, and restock Mobile Health vans.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Perform minor maintenance on vans in all weather conditions (change tires, install chains, headlamps).
- Assist local law enforcement with the disposal of used syringes and related items found in the community.