Job Posting #682 – Hospice/Home Health CQI Coordinator
Hospice/Home Health – CQI Coordinator
Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Job Title: CQI Coordinator
Department: Hospice/Home Health
Responsible To: Hospice Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Determined
Job Summary: Assist in the operation of the Home Health, Hospice, and Hospice Inpatient Unit departments, by providing support to the planning, organizing, training, coordinating, and evaluation of the regulatory quality program through tracking/trending. Compile statistical data, write and disseminate narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings. Under the supervision of the Home Health and Hospice management team, assume responsibility for the Home Health, Hospice, and Inpatient Unit Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program, monitoring and participating in national benchmarking requirements with a focus on improving outcomes, process measures, departmental goals and lean processes. Responsible for assisting with teaching and training clinical teams to assure compliance with clinical standards for quality measurements. Must have knowledge of electronic medical records and the ability to generate and run reports. Maintain a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for personal professional growth and development.
Education & License Requirements: RN or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years progressively responsible health care and/or experience in quality improvement activities. Desired skills include: Teaching/training of adult learners, outstanding critical thinking, strong communication, and solid documentation skills. Knowledge of the delivery of home health and hospice services, state and federal rules and regulations, Conditions of Participation, and the Medicare CQI intermediary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain strong knowledge base of home health and hospice clinical practices.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Work independently, as well as a member of a high-functioning healthcare delivery team.
- Monitor compliance in all aspects of departmental operations, promoting a culture of compliance.
- Maintain the credibility and integrity of the Home Health and Hospice compliance programs.
- Assist with governmental audits and accreditation surveys.
- Conduct fair, objective investigations to assure quality processes exist, participate in process improvement.
- Coordinate compliance plan evaluation and organize resulting structure of overall program.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulatory requirements, implementing changes that arise.
- Support policy and procedure development, review, revision, and document maintenance.
- Assist in teaching quality measurements to clinicians and the departmental employee orientation program.
- Utilize computer software applications to complete job tasks in an efficient, effective manner.
- Exhibit sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Provide back-up coverage for various manager and assistant manager duties, as needed.
- Complete staff co-visits and assist with the standard documentation competency program, as assigned.
- Serve as departmental super user to effectively train & troubleshoot EMR software capability & functionality.