Job Posting #666 – DIRECTION Counselor
Behavioral Health and DIRECTION – Counselor
Date Posted: December 4, 2017
Job Title: Counselor
Department: Behavioral Health & DIRECTION EAP
Responsible to: Behavioral Health & DIRECTION EAP Manager
Hours: 10 – 20 hours/week
Pay Range: $23.97 – 35.95
Job Summary: Provides assessment of client problems, short-term counseling, referrals to appropriate community agencies and follow-up to assure quality of care and problem resolution for clients. The focus of this position will be working with older adults, conducting in-home, as well as office visits. Conducts self in a professional manner, maintains confidentiality, and continues to develop professional skills. Work day will be flexible and scheduled to meet the needs of the clients.
Education & License Requirements: Earned master’s degree or doctorate in social work, psychology, alcoholism studies program, or human services area required. LCSW, LPA, LPC, LMFT, or Psychologist licensure in the State of Oregon is desired.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Experience working with children, adolescents, and families is required. Experience facilitating groups and working with older adults is required. Clinical counseling and excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability to work as an effective team member, as well as independently, and seek consultation when needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Maintain knowledge base of current providers in the community.
- Work independently utilizing good time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Listen to client’s concerns.
- Provide assessment of client’s problems.
- Deliver brief, short-term problem-resolution oriented therapy.
- Assist in writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Make presentations to public.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Light cleaning.
- Clerical duties.
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies.