Job Posting #1210 – Springfield Wellness Clinic Medical Office Assistant
Springfield Wellness Clinic – Medical Office Assistant
Job Title: Medical Office Assistant
Department: Springfield Wellness Clinic
Responsible to: Occupational Health Director
Hours: 32 to 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $19.18 – 28.78
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting Nurse Practitioner in services provided at the Springfield Wellness Clinic including taking vital signs, triaging illnesses and injuries, performing EKG’s and operating the autoclave. Assist with pre-authorizations, referrals, and obtaining medical records from specialists, PCPs, and insurance companies. Regularly provides clerical support to clinic staff by answering phones, greeting/checking in clients, scheduling, registration duties, and filing. This position will have a scheduled one-hour meal period. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Graduation from an approved Medical Office Assistant program, with current certification.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year of clinic experience preferred. Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor in dealing with others. Must have proficient computer keyboarding and multi-line telephone skills. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and demonstrate effective time-management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Obtain brief medical history.
- Perform medication reconciliation.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Coordinate patient-care documentation, send and receive materials and reports.
- Administer injections, assist with splint and dressing applications, as ordered.
- Assist Nurse Practitioner with examinations and procedures, including full room and patient preparation with appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Support clinic infection control activities including sterilization of equipment.
- Maintain medical supply inventory.
- Answer phones and schedule patient appointments.
- Manage patient record functions including chart retrieval, filing and records requests.
- Position requires the ability to lift, carry, pull, push, bend and reach.
- Collaborative verbal communication skills.
- Function as an integral member of a clinic team.
- Order supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions: Move equipment, charts and supplies, light cleaning, other tasks as required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.