Job Posting #1209- Pete Moore Hospice House Staff RN
Pete Moore Hospice House – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
- Week 1: 36 hours/week
- Week 2: 24 hours/week
- Week 1: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Week 2: Sunday, Wednesday
Pay Range: $38.45 – 59.28
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as a member of the Hospice House care team, providing direct skilled nursing care to Hospice House patients and serves as the contact to the Hospice home care team. All care is given in accordance with physician orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Must understand the Hospice philosophy and provide treatment to patients with severe pain and symptom management concerns, as well as dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Must comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional clinical expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. The registered nurse provides supervision to the hospice aide assigned to the patient. This position will work a rotating schedule of 36 hours/week one week and 24 hours/week the next. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse. Is required. Must have a valid CPR card. Possession of current Food Handlers Permit or obtain within two weeks of hire.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years of acute care experience within the last five years or one year of critical care or oncology experience within the last three years is required. Two years of home health or hospice experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patients, plan, and implement effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment and psychological sensitivity.
- Understand the hospice philosophy and provide treatment to patients with severe pain and symptom management concerns, as well as dying patients.
- Provide compassionate, heartfelt care that respects patient rights.
- Utilize current standards of practice and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing.
- Maintain a high level of professional clinical expertise and assume responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Provide support and education to patients and families making end-of-life decisions.
- Develop nursing plan of care, interventions, and assure continuous re-evaluation.
- Maintain responsibility for patient’s care management from admission to discharge.
- Work in close collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and referring physicians.
- Administer treatments, including IV, respiratory, enteral therapy, and phlebotomy.
- Provide wound care and maintain catheter drainage systems.
- Manage medication administration.
- Move and transfer patients.
- Provide personal care, hygiene, and post-mortem care.
- Work independently in an organized manner utilizing good time management skills.
- Complete electronic clinical documentation within required timelines.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, clinical excellence, and triage skills.
- Use excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, telephonic, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Use medical equipment, including patient lift device, gastric and respiratory suction, and oxygen systems.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR and respond to emergencies.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones and perform other clerical duties. Stock supplies in patient rooms. Cook for patients as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.