Job Posting #1202 – Pete Moore Hospice House Unit Coordinator
Pete Moore Hospice House – Unit Coordinator
Job Title: Unit Coordinator
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 32 to 40 hours/week
Schedule: Rotating, includes every third weekend
Pay Range: $17.32 to $25.98
Job Summary: Assist with staff scheduling, registering patients, paper and electronic filing. Will be required to assist with pre-authorizations, referrals, and obtaining medical records from hospitals, specialists, PCPs, and insurance companies. Provide clerical support to clinical staff, answer phones, greet patients and families, and triage non-medical needs of patients and families, including room preparation prior to admission. May include direct patient care. This is a day-shift position that requires working every third weekend. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent required. Current State of Oregon certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant and Certified Hospice Aide is preferred. Must obtain food handlers permit within two weeks of employment, program provided.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year acute care or skilled nursing facility experience preferred. Must have valid CPR card, program provided. Keyboarding skills adequate to accomplish required department data entry. Must have experience with PC and windows-based programs and the ability to organize work projects, prioritize, problem solve, and function independently. Desired skills include: Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to maintain professional demeanor and confidentiality in dealing with others. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, confidentiality standards of HIPAA, other office procedures. Must be highly organized, efficient, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and demonstrate effective time management skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide compassionate care with respect for patients’ rights.
- Greet clients and provides excellent customer service in person and on the phone.
- Register patients in computer system including medication order data entry.
- Coordinate patient record functions, including chart retrieval, filing, and record requests, utilizes multiple EMR environments.
- Provide facility orientation tours to family members.
- Function as an integral member of the clinical team.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone.
- Coordinate off-site medical procedures.
- Assist floor Hospice Aides or nursing staff in providing direct patient care when needed if CNA certified.
- Deal with potentially emotionally charged situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions: Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, cooking, and homemaking services and other tasks as required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.