Job Posting #1199 – Administration Contract Manager
Administration – Contract Manager
Job Title: Contract Manager
Responsible to: Finance Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Discussed
Job Summary: Lead, negotiate, and manage contracting activities with commercial and public insurance entities. Oversee provider contracting activities to ensure efficiency and maintain compliance with policies and standards, government laws, and regulations. Initiate negotiations, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the organization and provider’s contractual agreements to maximize business relationships and opportunities. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience related to health care insurance contracting and payment required. Knowledge of different forms of reimbursement including, but not limited to RBRVS, Medicare-based reimbursement methodologies, Medicaid reimbursement, alternative payment methodologies, value-based incentive models and other risk-based agreement arrangements and their ramifications on providers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use strong data management skills, along with spreadsheet development, formula writing and strong command of mathematics and mathematical formulas.
- Develop and execute strategy.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of medical coding (CPT, DRG, HCPC, ICD-10).
- Oversee contract configuration to ensure accurate claims adjudication and facilitate the organization’s achieving revenue goals and targets.
- Ensure compliance with national contracting standards, reimbursement standards, provider set-up rules, exception process and use of model contract language.
- Perform financial analyses of business units to identify medical cost improvement opportunities and develop and execute contracting action plans to achieve results.
- Express a thorough understanding of Cascade Health’s products and services.
- Develop strategic work relationships.
- Work closely with Patient Financial Services department staff.
- Provide department managers with tools, information and resources to project revenue, contractual deductions to achieve financial targets.
- Function independently, multi-task, prioritize workload effectively, and manage time efficiently.
- Use sound judgment, appropriate decision-making, resourcefulness, and an aptitude toward solving problems.
- Organize work tasks, assuring confidentiality and a quality work product, with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a commitment to adaptability and continuous improvement.
- Build trust with internal and external customers.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.