Job Posting #1197 – Hospice Home Care Aide
Hospice – Home Care Aide
Job Title: Home Care Aide
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 32 hours/week
Schedule: Tuesday – Friday
Pay Range: $17.63 – 26.45
Job Summary: Function as a member of the home care team providing services to patients in their place of residence. Provide personal care and related services for patients according to the physician’s plan of treatment and under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist. Understand the hospice philosophy and provide care to dying patients. Related duties include incidental household services essential to the patient’s health, as well as reporting signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition. The Home Care Aide is provided with a written assignment sheet which details the care to be given. Participate in the orientation of new employees. Must be willing to be cross-trained for work at the Pete Moore Hospice House. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent and current Oregon certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant and a current CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Successful completion of approved basic education program for CNA. One year of acute care or nursing home experience. Ability to pass competency test for Home Health Aide. Must have valid driver’s license, insured vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills. Flexible team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Transfer and move patients.
- Take vital signs.
- Provide personal care – ADL’s.
- Use equipment, including but not limited to, hospital bed, wheelchair, Hoyer lift, handheld shower, and walker.
- Communicate clearly, including verbal, written, and telephone communication.
- Accept assignments, follow instructions and directions.
- Meet safety needs of patients.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Perform treatments.
- Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, and cooking.
- Strip and make beds.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Complete timely documentation.
- Drive an automobile safely.
- Negotiate uneven terrain.
- Work independently and use good time management.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Clerical duties, put together charts.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.