Job Posting #1192 – Diabetes & Nutrition Education Dietitian
Diabetes & Nutrition Education – Dietitian
Job Title: Dietitian
Department: Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Responsible to: Diabetes & Nutrition Education Manager
Hours: 32 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Thursday
Pay Range: $26.11 – 39.17
Job Summary: Develop and maintain the nutritional component of the Diabetes & Nutrition Education programs. Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to treat and manage chronic health conditions. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Current Licensed Dietitian in the State of Oregon. Current Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES), or willing to become certified, is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Previous experience in dietetics providing assessment and treatment plans to clients managing health conditions is required. Experience facilitating group presentations and group process is required. Experience in general MNT is required; experience/advanced knowledge of diabetes self-management is desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Motivate and facilitate lifestyle changes and adherence to treatment plans with emphasis on eating behaviors and food choices.
- Facilitate goal setting and problem solving with clients in groups and individually.
- Provide medical nutrition therapy and general nutrition education to various age groups, including patients under the age of 18.
- Express compassion while providing science-based information and nutritional assessments.
- Use exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication with staff, referring MD/ Specialist, and clients.
- Assess and help manage a variety of patient health conditions.
- Document services provided and communicate with referring PCP/specialist.
- Research, plan and facilitate group presentations.
- Develop written educational materials that are appropriate for various target groups for use in classes and individual nutritional counseling.
- Collect and interpret data, including statistical data.
- Balance multiple projects effectively.
- Create and evaluate additional health-based services.
Marginal Job Functions: Facilitate periodic, evening diabetes classes as assigned. Light cleaning, move furniture, and clerical functions. Participate in Cascade Health committees. Participate in special projects as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.