Job Posting #1189 – Mobile Health Medic
Mobile Health – Medic
Job Title: Medic
Department: Mobile Health
Responsible to: Mobile Health Manager
Schedule: Varies, overnight & weekends
Pay Range: $15.97 – 23.95
Job Summary: Respond to field calls, providing initial on-site first aid to injured employees and patrons at local business sites. Transport patients, as necessary. Collect urine and blood specimens for testing and perform breath alcohol testing. Document care performed and complete required forms. Required to assist in the Occupational Health Department and with other organizational functions. Perform wheelchair transfer duties utilizing a wheelchair accessible van. Inspect and refill first-aid kits for client companies. May be scheduled for up to 24-hour shifts, which may include some weekends. May assist with organizational courier services and facility maintenance duties. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon Emergency Medical Technician certification in good standing is required. Must have current driver’s license. Preference given to EMT’s with phlebotomy certification/training.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of six months of field experience, which includes delivering direct patient care with a recognized EMS agency, either as a paid or volunteer member. Must be available for 24-hour shifts. Must have insurable driving record. Desired skills include: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Customer service skill and experience. Ability to work independently. Ability to handle extremely stressful situations and anxious persons with compassion and understanding.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess patients and render first aid and other required procedures.
- Operate, unassisted, Mobile Health vehicles, drive in all kinds of adverse weather conditions, both day and night.
- Walk through various company facilities, including climbing and descending stairs and ladders, climbing and walking on catwalks, uneven surfaces, under and around conveyor belts and other mechanical obstacles carrying a 20-pound medical kit, first aid supplies, and miscellaneous equipment, or any combination of equipment listed.
- Transport patients in Mobile Health and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- Read and follow instructions on forms, document patient care.
- Manage time in an effective manner.
- Use computer for required applications.
- Operate, lift, move, and carry departmental equipment.
- Transport and deliver various supplies.
- Wash, vacuum, and restock Mobile Health vans.
Marginal Job Functions: Perform minor maintenance on vans in all weather conditions (change tires, install chains, headlamps). Assist local law enforcement with the disposal of used syringes and related items found in the community
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.