Job Posting #1181 – Mobile Health Mobile Outreach Medic
Mobile Health – Mobile Outreach Medic
Job Title: Mobile Outreach Medic
Department: Mobile Health
Responsible to: Mobile Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay Range: $17.63 – 26.45
Job Summary: Function as an active member of Cascade Health’s Trillium and Mobile Health interdisciplinary teams and render services in accordance with the scope of practice. Respond to field calls and provide initial on-site first aid to patients requiring assessment. Transport patients to scheduled appointments as needed. Will primarily work in conjunction with a Qualified Mental Health Associate. May provide backup coverage for Mobile Health department as needed. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon Emergency Medical Technician certification, level Advanced or higher, in good standing is required. Valid CPR certification required. Must have current driver’s license. Basic EMTs will be considered with phlebotomy certification/training.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of six months of field experience, including delivery of direct patient care with a recognized EMS agency is required. Must have an insurable driving record.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess patients and apply first aid and/or other required procedures.
- Assess current condition of patients while also considering their medical histories.
- Administer medications within scope, as needed, using proper equipment.
- Perform assessments and/or procedures using durable medical equipment.
- Provide light wound care as needed.
- Collect urine and blood specimens for testing and perform breath alcohol testing.
- Document patient care performed and complete required forms in a timely manner.
- Perform patient risk assessments in relation to their environment.
- Coordinate healthcare needs to assist with gaps in care.
- Communicate with patient families to coordinate continued care.
- Perform wheelchair transfer duties utilizing a wheelchair accessible van.
- Inspect and refill first-aid kits for client companies.
- Operate, unassisted, Mobile Health vehicles, both day and night, driving in all kinds of adverse weather conditions.
- Provide exceptional customer service, handling extremely stressful situations and anxious persons with compassion and understanding.
- Walk through various company facilities and patient homes, including climbing and descending stairs and ladders, climbing and walking on catwalks, uneven surfaces, under and around conveyor belts and other mechanical obstacles carrying a 20-pound medical kit, first aid supplies, and miscellaneous equipment, or any combination of equipment listed.
- Transport patients in Mobile Health and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- Read and follow instructions on forms.
- Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently and manage time in an effective manner.
- Collaborate professionally with team members.
- Use computer for required applications.
- Operate, lift, move, and carry departmental equipment.
- Transport and deliver various supplies.
- Wash, vacuum, and restock Mobile Health vans.
- Assist the Occupational Health department and with other organizational functions as needed.
Marginal Job Functions: Perform minor maintenance on vans in all weather conditions (change tires, install chains, headlamps). Assist local law enforcement with the disposal of used syringes and related items found in the community. May assist with organizational courier services and facility maintenance duties. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.