Job Posting #1180 – Occupational Health Assistant Manager
Occupational Health – Assistant Manager
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Department: Occupational Health
Responsible to: Occupational Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Discussed
Job Summary: Assist the department manager with the operations of the clinic, and support of the EMR. Provide assistance to employers regarding services and serve as a resource to staff. Facilitate treatment of injured workers, including front and back office functions. Provide backup coverage for department manager as needed. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Associate degree in business administration or certification from an accredited medical assistant program required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience in all operational aspects of a medical clinic or occupational health setting required with two years supervisory experience preferred. Insurable driving record required. Workers’ Compensation experience preferred. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with a customer service focus when dealing with others, skillfully managing conflict, all while assuring confidentiality. Must be able to handle appropriately, and follow through with, a fast-paced, detailed workload, utilizing good time management skills. Function as an integral member of a health care team. Must demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation, and public relations skills. Must be able to effectively market services in an ethical manner and deal tactfully with employers throughout the community. Ability to train and develop individuals in new skills and requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist department manager with staff supervision.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation information is collected for all new injuries.
- Respond to patient concerns or complaints, referring complex cases to department manager.
- Provide drug and alcohol training for all employees requiring new or recertification and monitor ongoing performance. Monitor all certifications for technicians.
- Monitor inventory and order all supplies, receive shipments, and manage inventory.
- Coordinate Interpreter services.
- Perform onsite services.
- Schedule all out of area physicals and services.
- Support all staff involved in surveillance activities, in conjunction with the department manager.
- Coordinate student intern program and represent Cascade Health on student intern committees.
- Collect records for injury appointments.
- Promote and assist with continuous quality improvement efforts to enhance services.
- Provide backup coverage for back and front office staff as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled department staff meetings.
- Represent Cascade Health Occupational Health department in a consistent, professional manner with interactions that demonstrate integrity towards internal, external, current, and potential individuals who could benefit from departmental services.
- Maintain confidentiality of health and business information.
- Comply with applicable regulatory requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
Marginal Job Functions: Light cleaning. Move equipment and supplies.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.