Job Posting #1179 – Home Health Staff RN
Home Health – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Schedule: Varies, 8 hours/day
Pay Range: $38.45 – 59.28
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as a member of the Home Care team, providing skilled care to Home Health patients in their place of residence, and at times functions as the case manager. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides treatment to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the RN provides supervision to the hospice aide assigned to the patient. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Must be available to work weekends. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse and current CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum three years of recent (within the last 5 years) med/surg experience, or one year (within the last 3 years) critical care experience. Two years Home Health or Hospice experience preferred. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a dependable vehicle for transportation to visits and a means of communication. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills. Flexible, team player. Good case management skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patient evaluation, develop the plan of care, intervention, and re-evaluation.
- Case management.
- Administer treatments, including IV therapy.
- Patient and family education.
- Work independently, good time management.
- Sound judgment.
- Documentation, computer use.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Move and transfer patients.
- Use healthcare related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Ability to drive an automobile safely.
Marginal Job Functions: Management of central lines – including IV therapy. Obtain lab specimens.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165, or
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.