Job Posting #1176 – Pete Moore Hospice House Assistant Manager
Pete Moore Hospice House – Assistant Manager
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Varies; Evening/Night Shift
Pay Range: To Be Determined
Job Summary: Assist the Pete Moore Hospice House Manager in the operational management of the department, including the coordination of hospice care amongst the patient, family, physician, hospice care team, and community resources. Participate, along with the Manager, in planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating direct and indirect patient care. May require delivery of skilled nursing care when staffing requires supplementation. Assume a leadership role for Pete Moore Hospice House services in conjunction with the Manager. Assure ongoing education to referral sources and assist with marketing of the Pete Moore Hospice House in the community. Assist with the coordination and orientation of new employees. Participate in the QAPI process. Will share departmental call coverage responsibilities with the Hospice House Manager on a rotational basis. This position will provide evening and night shift coverage. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon licensure as a Registered Nurse and current CPR certification are required. Current Food Handler’s Card or must obtain upon hire.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Requires two years of experience working with the medical and psychosocial needs of the terminally ill. Two or more years of previous supervisory experience in the hospice setting is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and an insured vehicle for transportation. Desired skills include: Clinical excellence, demonstrated leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of current health care concepts, trends, theories, and expertise in the area of delivery of hospice services. Ability to work as a positive, contributing member of the Pete Moore Hospice House team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain knowledge base of current nursing practices and competency with facility equipment and systems.
- Coordinate staff scheduling.
- Interface with referrals sources to coordinate admissions and discharges.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Provide oversight of Hospital Drug Room procedures & practices, including oversight & guidance to staff of appropriate documentation to meet regulatory requirements, follow up on Medication Errors or other operational variances.
- Participate in audits in conjunction with the CQI/QAPI Coordinator.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate routinely and in crisis situations.
- Support nursing staff by completion of admission, discharge, death tasks and documentation.
- Utilize clinical nursing skills, including CPR, respond to emergencies and complete patient assessments.
- Assume care management of Cascade Hospice patients at the Pete Moore Hospice House, including preparation for, and participation in, the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Provide patient/family teaching and coaching for clinical staff.
- Participate with conflict resolution and peer communication.
- Work independently using time management skills, and exercising sound judgment and leadership skills.
- Organize orientation process for new employees in conjunction with the CQI/QAPI Coordinator.
- Assist in hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising staff.
- Market Pete Moore Hospice House services to community and facilities.
- Assist with resource management by reviewing the expenses related to hospice clinical practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively use computer applications including clinical software.
- Provide back-up coverage for the Pete Moore Hospice House Manager duties, as needed.
Other Job Functions: Answer phones. Clerical duties. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.