Job Posting #1172- Hospice Medical Social Worker
Hospice – Medical Social Worker
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $30.01 – 45.01
Job Summary: The Medical Social Worker functions as an active member of the hospice interdisciplinary team and renders services in accordance with the plan of care in the patient’s place of residence. All care is given according to a physician’s orders. Evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to dying patients, their families, or caregivers. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of social work. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the Medical Social Worker provides supervision to students assigned to the department. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Functions in accordance with the National Social Work Code of Ethics. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Experience with terminally ill patients and their families is highly desirable. Must have current driver’s license, a licensed vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Requires excellent communication skills, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to problem-solve with little supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patient, develop plan, intervention, and re-evaluation.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate at a fast pace.
- Communicate clearly: verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Maintain knowledge base of current community resources.
- Work within organizational policies and contracts.
- Coordinate home visits with other staff schedules.
- Work independently and utilizing good time management.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients, drive a vehicle safely.
- Participate in conflict resolution, problem solving, peer communication, and crisis management.
- Attend agency conferences, department meetings, and in-service training.
- Serve as liaison between patient’s caregivers and physicians.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Complete electronic documentation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, maintain confidentiality.
- Assist patients and caregivers with interface of community and government organizations.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Answer phones, clerical duties, put together charts.
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Post and access schedule.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.