Job Posting #1166- Physical & Hand Therapy Hand Therapist
Physical & Hand Therapy – Hand Therapist
Job Title: Hand Therapist
Department: Physical & Hand Therapy
Responsible to: Physical & Hand Therapy Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Pay Range: $36.80 – 55.20
Job Summary: Treat and rehabilitate patients recovering from conditions affecting the hands, wrists, and arms. Evaluate patients to assess, develop, and determine a plan that delivers exceptional care. Work with patients who are recovering from injuries and disabilities to help them function, or modify their recovery, in order to relieve pain and restore function. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Must have a current State of Oregon Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist license. Current Certified Hand Therapist credential required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Experience working in an outpatient patient care setting providing Occupational or Physical Therapy services. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities, display flexibility, and exercise independent judgement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restore, maintain, and promote optimal physical function, as well as best possible wellness, fitness, and quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevent the onset, symptoms, and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions, or injuries.
- Conduct initial evaluations to create a plan of care by reviewing patient history and performing tests and measurements to identify potential and existing deficits.
- Re-examine patients and modify interventions as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop and implement discharge plans.
- Document patient information in a complete and timely manner.
- Complete insurance specific paperwork regarding patient care.
- Facilitate supply vending and conduct orthotic fitting.
- Communicate with physicians, referral sources, and other healthcare staff to confirm plans of care and coordinate effective patient centered services.
- Access and maintain confidential and sensitive information using discretion and adherence to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Assume responsibility for professional continuing education and associated competencies.
- Attend departmental meetings and assist in departmental outreach activities, as indicated.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a caring, understanding demeanor with patients, clients, and coworkers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions: Light cleaning, clerical duties, answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Additional Prior Work History Supplement
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.