Job Posting #1157 – Physical & Hand Therapy Physical Therapist
Physical & Hand Therapy – Physical Therapist
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Department: Physical & Hand Therapy
Responsible to: Physical & Hand Therapy Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Pay Range: $36.80 – 55.20
Job Summary: Evaluate, treat, and instruct patients to assess, prevent, correct, alleviate, and limit the signs and symptoms of physical disability, bodily malfunction, and pain. Perform tests and measurements to evaluate patient functionality and create a customized treatment program that includes the use of physical measures, activities, and devices for preventative and therapeutic purposes. Provide consultative, educational, and other advisory services to reduce the incidence and severity of physical disability, bodily malfunction, and pain. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Physical Therapist, with a certificate for practicing without referral preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Work experience in an outpatient orthopedics setting is preferred. Desired skills include knowledge of general physical therapy theory and practice, including biological, physical, social, and medical sciences and their application for a better understanding of patient care challenges. A high degree of written and verbal communication skills, flexibility to handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted and changed by immediate circumstances, while utilizing sound evaluation and judgment skills. Must have the ability to work independently, as well as function as an integral part of the Physical & Hand Therapy team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restore, maintain, and promote optimal physical function, as well as best possible wellness, fitness, and quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevent the onset, symptoms, and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions, or injuries.
- Conduct initial evaluations to create plan of care by reviewing the patient history and performing tests and measurements to identify potential and existing deficits.
- Implement patient treatment as scheduled.
- Re-examine patients and modify interventions to achieve desired goals and outcomes.
- Develop and implement discharge plans.
- Document patient care in a complete and timely manner.
- Communicate with physicians, referral sources, and other healthcare staff regarding patient treatment and progress.
- Develop and conduct pre-placement tests, injury prevention screens, and essential function testing according to established criteria as needed.
- Access and maintain confidential and sensitive information using discretion and adherence to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Assume responsibility for professional continuing education and associated competencies.
- Attend departmental meetings and assist in departmental outreach activities, as indicated.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a caring, understanding demeanor with patients, clients, and coworkers.
- Complete other duties as requested.
Marginal Job Functions: Assess work sites, perform job analysis, and present injury prevention programs. Light cleaning, clerical duties, answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.