Job Posting #1156 – Hospice Bereavement Coordinator
Hospice – Bereavement Coordinator
Job Title: Bereavement Coordinator
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $26.88 – 40.32
Job Summary: Provides a bereavement assessment of needs and risk factors associated with grief. Develops a plan of care for bereavement needs including the frequency of service. In addition, develops and manages all aspects of the hospice bereavement program, coordinates bereavement volunteer activities, and facilitates bereavement support groups. The Bereavement Coordinator participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Assists the physician and other team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the grieving process and end-of-life issues. The Bereavement Coordinator must support the mission and philosophy of the Cascade Health Solutions Hospice program. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required with specialized training in grief management. Must have current driver’s license and availability of insured vehicle for transportation.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of one year of experience 1) under the supervision of a qualified bereavement professional who holds a master’s level of education or advanced, professional credentials in bereavement care and that also provides oversight for a comprehensive bereavement program or 2) of effectively delivering a range of grief/bereavement services to individuals, families, and groups. Desired skills include: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all clients/staff/physicians and members of the community. Ability to use computer systems for documentation. Ability to respond appropriately to emergency and stressful situations. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops the patient’s plan of care for bereavement with identified time frames and assists the hospice staff, the patient, and the caregiver in understanding recommendations related to the plan of care. Reports findings to the Hospice Manager and IDT.
- Prepares bereavement notes and progress notes.
- Provides or participates in staff, volunteer, community, facility, and bereavement training programs.
- Acts as a consultant to hospice staff. Available to hospice staff for bereavement support. Identifies support systems available to reduce stress and facilitate coping with end-of-life care.
- Conducts an assessment of various patient/family/caregiver situations which may include: bereavement needs; caregiver’s ability to function adequately; special needs related to cultural diversity including communication, role of family members, special traditions; response to grief and loss issues; need for counseling related to risk assessment for complicated grief response; pre-existing mental or physical conditions that could exacerbate the grief process; family dynamics, communication, stress involving the patient/caregiver/family which will be incorporated into the plan of care; utilization of appropriate community resources and the evaluation of the ability of patient/family/caregiver to access the resources with follow-up for degree of satisfaction for services provided.
- Develop and facilitate Bereavement Support Group services on an ongoing basis.
- Performs grief risk assessments for bereavement and establishes individual plans of care (including frequency of service) for families/caregivers.
Marginal Job Functions: Troubleshoot general office equipment problems. Clean work area. Move supplies and equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.