Job Posting #1149 – Hospice Clinical Liaison Staff RN
Hospice – Clinical Liaison Staff RN
Job Title: Clinical Liaison Staff RN
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 24.5 hours/week
Schedule: Every other week, Wednesday-Tuesday
Pay Range: $38.45 – 59.28
Job Summary: The Clinical Liaison Staff RN functions as a member of the hospice care team, serving as a liaison between the Hospice and Pete Moore Hospice House departments and the hospitals, physician offices, and community referral sources to facilitate admissions and to educate patients, families, physicians, and physician office staff regarding available services. Generates and processes appropriate patient referrals/admissions from within our service area. Establishes and maintains strong, positive interpersonal relationships with staff in community entities, including physician offices, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and hospitals. Interactions will typically include, but are not limited to, Case Managers, Discharge Planners, Patient Care Managers, Directors of Nursing, and other community referral sources. Visits hospitalized patients who have been referred to Cascade Hospice to facilitate admission to Hospice and Pete Moore Hospice House services and to complete Election of Benefit paperwork for new patients. This position will also provide back up for the Referrals RN tasks. The Clinical Liaison Staff RN will disseminate relevant information to staff, and secure initial and ongoing insurance authorizations when necessary. Must understand the hospice philosophy, utilize current departmental standards of practice, and follow organizational policies and procedures. Provides excellent customer service. The Clinical Liaison must be dedicated to the mission and core values of Cascade Health. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current RN licensure in the State of Oregon with a current CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience. Hospice experience required. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a current driver’s license, a licensed vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Position requires a high degree of written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to be a flexible and a strong team player. Must exhibit a high level of understanding of symptoms related to different types of terminal illness and methods to control or reduce adverse symptoms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate positive communications between, and work effectively with, Cascade Health employees, volunteers, patients, families, caregivers, physicians, vendors, referral sources, and other departments and professionals as appropriate.
- Process referrals to Hospice and the Pete Moore Hospice House services.
- Conduct visits to Hospice patients to complete admissions and/or to sign Election of Benefit paperwork for admission.
- Represent Cascade Health consistently with integrity and professionalism to all internal and external, current and potential customers.
- Schedule, assist with, and participate in provision of community, professional, and educational outreach activities.
- Build and monitor community and market perceptions of Cascade Health as a high quality provider of Hospice services.
- Provide good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrate autonomy, organization, efficient time management, professional assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Create and maintain database of contacts in the professional community for Cascade Hospice.
- Work in conjunction with the Hospice Manager and Business Development to coordinate key meetings with possible referral sources.
Marginal Job Functions: Manage central lines – including IV therapy. Obtain lab specimens.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand. Please submit your completed application, along with a cover letter and resume.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3126.