Job Posting #1118 – Home Health Program Assistant
Home Health – Program Assistant
Job Title: Program Assistant
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday
Pay Range: $17.32 – 25.98
Job Summary: Support home health and hospice departments by covering incoming telephone calls. Route incoming and outgoing faxes, scan and label medical records and physician orders into EMR. Perform data entry of patient demographic information, insurance verification and preauthorization, and medication entry. Manage inventories and order office and medical supplies, fill supply requisitions for clinical staff. Complete work projects as assigned using MS Office Suite. Provide coverage for Home Health and Hospice Program Assistants in their absence. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduation from business school is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have at least one year of clerical experience, medical office background preferred. Must possess proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher). Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment with frequent interruptions. Strong telephone and communication skills are required. Flexible team player with the ability to perform Home Health and Hospice Assistant duties in their absence. Experience with EMR’s, labeling and scanning into document library is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function as an engaged, collaborative, flexible, team player.
- Operate all standard business office machines.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, family, and program information.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, and medical terminology.
- Work independently with a self-starter and motivated approach.
- Utilize strong organizational skills with good memory for numbers and names.
- Communicate in an objective, tactful, and diplomatic manner with staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work at a varied pace with accuracy.
- Work in a busy area, adapting to frequent interruptions while maintaining efficiency, demonstrating a professional, calm demeanor and pleasant approach.
- Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency in Home Care data systems and MS Office Suite, with data entry skills equivalent to 80 wpm.
- Receive incoming Home Health and Hospice physician orders or records, label and scan to document library, and/or send to appropriate team member.
- Maintain teaching material for clinicians.
Marginal Job Functions: Troubleshoot general office equipment problems. Clean work area. Move supplies and equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand. Please submit your completed application, along with a cover letter and resume.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.