Job Posting #1110 – Pete Moore Hospice House Staff LPN
Pete Moore Hospice House – Staff LPN
Job Title: Staff LPN
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 25 – 30 hours/week
Schedule: Evening Shift
Pay Range: $24.27 – 37.44
Job Summary: Serve as a liaison between the Pete Moore Hospice House and Hospice departments and the hospitals, physician offices, and community referral sources to facilitate admissions and to educate patients, families, physicians, and physician office staff regarding available services. Provide skilled nursing to hospice patients at Pete Moore Hospice House during the evening hours based on census needs. Must understand the hospice philosophy, utilize current departmental standards of practice, and follow organizational policies and procedures. This is an evening shift position. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Licensed Practical Nurse required. Must have a valid CPR card. Possession of current Food Handlers Permit, or obtain within two weeks of hire.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) medical/surgical experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care experience. Two years of hospice and/or home health experience is preferred. Position requires a high degree of written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to be a flexible and strong team player. Must exhibit a high level of understanding of symptoms related to different types of terminal illness and methods to control or reduce adverse symptoms. Must have a dependable, insured vehicle for transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand the hospice philosophy and provide treatment to patients with severe pain and symptom management concerns, as well as to dying patients.
- Comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing.
- Generate and process patient referrals to the Pete Moore Hospice House and Hospice services.
- Visit hospitalized patients to facilitate admission to Pete Moore Hospice House and Hospice to complete Election of Benefit paperwork for new patients if on call staff are unavailable.
- Provide skilled nursing visits based on agency needs.
- Evaluate patients, plan, and implement effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment and psychological sensitivity.
- Support and educate patients and families making end-of-life decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and referring physicians.
- Manage medication administration.
- Complete electronic and clinical documentation within required timelines.
- Move and transfer patients.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Represent Cascade Health in a positive manner, consistently modeling integrity and professionalism, and facilitate positive communication between, and work effectively with, all internal, external, current, and potential patients.
- Provide good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrate autonomy, organization, efficient time management, professional assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Perform CPR and respond to emergencies.
- Drive an automobile safely and negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones and perform other clerical duties. Put together charts, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Stock supplies in patient rooms. Cook for patients as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.