Job Posting #1109 – Hospice Staff RN
Hospice – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 24 hours/week
Schedule: Mon, Fri & every other weekend
Pay Range: $37.15 – 57.28
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as the case manager for the palliative care team, providing regular phone assessments with occasional visits to patients living at home or in care facilities. The nurse will provide all care coordination with other disciplines including the palliative care medical providers and other community providers involved in the patients’ care. All care is given in accordance with provider’s orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to patients nearing their end of life, including discussion of their goals of care. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care experience preferred. Two or more years Hospice, Palliative Care, or Home Health experience preferred. Needs to be comfortable with electronic documentation and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a current driver’s license, a licensed vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication, flexible, team player, well organized, with good case management skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for case management.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Work independently with effective time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Document patient care utilizing software system.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize and prioritize.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Drive an automobile safely.
- Share on-call responsibilities.
Marginal Job Functions: Manage central lines – including IV therapy. Obtain lab specimens.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.