Job Posting #1104 – Diabetes & Nutrition Education Manager
Diabetes & Nutrition Education – Manager
Job Title: Manager
Department: Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Responsible to: Director of Clinical Services
Hours: 32 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Thursday
Pay Range: To Be Discussed
Job Summary: Coordinate services and staff of the Diabetes Nutrition and Education Program including: Diabetes Self-Management education, Medical Nutrition Therapy, and the Prescription Assistance Program. Responsible for departmental budget, monthly and yearly program statistics, marketing efforts, and day-to-day operations. Coordinate ongoing review and future program planning. Participate in a multi-disciplinary team treating and managing patients with health conditions. Develop, plan, and provide education within the scope of the respective field to individuals and groups. Participate in staff evaluations for content, teaching methods, and performance of all instructors and resource personnel. Serve and may be the coordinator of the Diabetes Advisory Committee. Ensure that the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Accreditation is maintained, and requirements are fulfilled as described by the ADA. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon licensure as a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nurse. Certification by National Certification Board of Diabetes Educator highly desirable.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have a strong background in diabetes education as well as experience with group presentations and facilitating group process. Knowledge of addictive disorders and weight management is desirable. Good listening and communication skills when working with all levels of staff, physicians, and clients. Supervisory experience is preferred. Desired skills include: Effective personnel coordination and supervisory abilities, and the ability to function independently. Must have proficient computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Possess knowledge of and skill in the application of the ADA Clinical Practice Guidelines and respective field of diabetes education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess and treat management of client health conditions.
- Obtain clinical assessment: weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, and pulse.
- Facilitate goal setting and problem solving with clients and staff.
- Motivate clients toward positive lifestyle changes and adherence to treatment plans.
- Use compassion while setting limits and expectations with patients and staff.
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate group presentations.
- Develop educational materials.
- Organize, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Act as an effective team player.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret statistics and data.
- Supervise and coordinate staff.
Marginal Job Functions: Move furniture, light cleaning, reserve and prepare classrooms, perform clerical duties.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand. Please submit your completed application, along with a cover letter and resume.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.