Job Posting #1097 – Home Health Occupational Therapist
Home Health – Occupational Therapist
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 32 – 40 Hours/Week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $36.80 – 55.20
Job Summary: Function as a member of the Home Health team, providing services in the patient’s place of residence. All care is given in accordance with physician orders. Evaluate patients, planning and implementing effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Utilize current standards of practice and follow departmental policies and procedures. Comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of occupational therapy. Maintain a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the licensed Occupational Therapist provides supervision to COTA’s and OT students assigned to the department. Participate in the orientation of new employees. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Master’s degree in occupational therapy and current licensure in the State or Oregon as an Occupational Therapist and a current CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years of occupational therapy experience is highly recommended. Must have current driver’s license, insured vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Skills include: high degree of written and verbal communication skills. Flexible, team player. Good time management, an ability to prioritize, and strong computer skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct initial patient evaluation, plan care, intervene, and re-evaluation.
- Administer treatments.
- Deliver patient and family education.
- Work independently, utilizing good time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Meet safety needs of patient.
- Use patient care equipment.
- Complete electronic patient care documentation.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings and in-services.
- Supervise assistants, aides, and students as assigned.
- Take vital signs.
- Move and transfer patients.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate at a fast pace.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Drive an automobile safely.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones. Clerical duties – put together charts. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.