Job Posting #1082 – Physical & Hand Therapy Patient Access Specialist
Physical & Hand Therapy – Patient Access Specialist
Job Title: Patient Access Specialist
Department: Physical & Hand Therapy
Responsible to: Physical & Hand Therapy Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $17.32 – 25.98
Job Summary: Responsible for office management activities related to the daily operations of the Physical & Hand Therapy department. Perform routine office procedures, including greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, data entry, filing, answering the telephone, taking messages, form completion, obtaining prior authorization for treatment, and answering requests for information from insurance companies. Provide exceptional customer service to departmental patients. Assure accuracy of work completed. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of five years of healthcare-related work experience is preferred. Knowledge of the workers‘ compensation system preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Keyboarding skills adequate to accomplish required department data entry. Must have experience with PC and windows-based programs and the ability to organize work projects, prioritize, problem solve, and function independently. Desired skills include: Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to maintain professional demeanor and assure confidentiality in dealing with others. Ability to handle detailed workload appropriately and assure follow through. Must be able to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones; provide information to patients, physicians, insurance carriers, employers, and other agencies.
- Open, sort, and process incoming mail.
- Prepare patient charts, schedule appointments, and register patients.
- Provide attentive customer service to departmental patients.
- Inform patients of costs of care being provided.
- Collect and record copayments and outstanding balances, and balance cash drawer daily.
- Communicate efficiently to clinical staff regarding patient needs.
- Compile and report monthly statistics.
- Obtain prior authorization for various screening, testing, assessments, and treatments ordered.
- Schedule meetings and participate in department staff meetings.
- Send and receive medical records and reports between insurance companies or billing.
- Process requests for release of medical records.
- Provide support to, and function as, a member of an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- Perform other related departmental duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions: Light cleaning and assistance with departmental space organization.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.