Job Posting #1081 – Physical & Hand Therapy Manager
Physical & Hand Therapy – Manager
Job Title: Manager
Department: Physical & Hand Therapy
Responsible to: Occupation Health Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Determined
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of the Physical and Hand Therapy department, including planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating direct and indirect patient care. Develop and manage departmental budget. Track, manage, and oversee clinical activities documented in electronic medical record, assuring overall quality. Maintain a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for personal and departmental professional growth. Provide leadership for all team members including both clinical and support staff. Work collaboratively with clinical leaders to ensure best practices are implemented and followed. Understand and comply with applicable accreditation & regulatory requirements governing Physical and Hand Therapy. Expedite clinic flow and support staffing needs. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare clinic setting with two years of leadership/management experience required. Current working knowledge and expertise in a professional discipline preferred. Experience participating in and leading a team of multi-disciplinary staff. Desired skills include: Demonstrated project and organizational capabilities, proven entrepreneurial and problem-solving skills, leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively as a member of a health care team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule, monitor workflow, and supervise departmental employees.
- Expand contractual and referral relationships through public relations and marketing.
- Provide clinic operational policy education, assure an exceptional patient experience.
- Hire, train, develop, counsel, evaluate, and terminate staff.
- Facilitate conflict resolution, problem-solving, peer communication, and team building.
- Arrange educational opportunities for staff to strengthen quality of services provided.
- Respond to patient concerns, variances, safety, and risk management issues.
- Manage time and attendance records in the payroll system, process time-off requests.
- Approve invoices, track data, including costs, patient visits, and quality metrics.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust annual budget in fiscally responsible manner,
- Plan, develop, implement, and market new services.
- Provide feedback, coach staff to reach their full potential, create a culture of retention.
- Utilize effective communication skills – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work independently, with effective time management, and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Assure compliance with regulations and contracts, coordinate quality improvement activities.
- Maintain a knowledge base of current rehabilitation therapy industry trends in care.
- Create and update policies and procedures.
- Participate in management meetings and training sessions.
- Provide backup coverage for administrative and clinic support responsibilities.
Marginal Job Functions: Light cleaning, clerical tasks, answer phones, move equipment and supplies.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3129.