Job Posting #1077 – Home Health Staff RN
Home Health – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $38.45 – 59.28
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as a member of the Home Care team, providing skilled care to Home Health patients in their place of residence, and will function as the case manager. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the Hospice philosophy and provides treatment to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the RN provides supervision to the Home Care Aide assigned to the patient. Participates in the orientation of new employees, doing audits when assigned, and taking student nurses to observe as assigned. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse and CPR card.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care experience. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a dependable, insured vehicle for transportation to visits, a current driver’s license, and a means of communication. Skills include: a high degree of written and verbal communication, flexible, team player. Good case management, time management, and assessment skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Case management, patient evaluation, develops the plan of care, interventions, and re-evaluation.
- Administer treatments, including IV therapy.
- Patient and family education.
- Work independently, good time management and sound judgement.
- Documentation, computer use.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and inservices.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Ability to drive an automobile safely.
- Share on call responsibilities.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties, put together charts, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.