Job Posting #1070 – Patient Financial Representative
Patient Financial Services – Patient Financial Representative
Job Title: Patient Financial Representative
Department: Patient Financial Services
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $17.24 – 25.86
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of the fiscal component of the department. Monitors each patient account and processes the account appropriately, including credit and collection of all balances. Assures all patient, staff, and cost center information is accurate and accessible. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements. Assists with billing for a variety of departments and programs. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school, GED, or business school graduate.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year experience in a billing, insurance, or medical business office required. Desired skills include: Ability to perform a variety of account billing functions as well as clerical tasks. Computer and 10-key experience, good mathematical skills, competency and accuracy in accounting, data entry, and clerical work. Strong telephone and communication skills required. Flexible team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrated telephone and communications skills.
- Strong 10 key experience.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Self-starter and motivated in approach to work performed.
- Sound knowledge of grammar, spelling, English, and medical terminology.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Good memory of names and numbers.
- Operate all standard business office machines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work at a brisk pace.
- Flexible and able to be an effective team player.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and client information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical record practice.
- Communicate in an objective, tactful, and diplomatic manner with staff, patients, and visitors.
- Problem solve, function independently, and prioritize work.
- Work in a busy area, adapting to frequent interruptions while demonstrating efficiency, a calm demeanor, and pleasant approach.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook, with data entry skills equivalent to 60 wpm.
Other Job Functions: Trouble shoot general office equipment, light moving of supplies and equipment. Clean work area.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.