Job Posting #1066 – Pete Moore Hospice House Staff RN
Pete Moore Hospice House – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 24 hours/week
Schedule: Day Shift
Pay Range: $37.15 – 57.28
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as a member of the Hospice House care team, providing direct skilled nursing care to Hospice House patients and serves as the contact to the Hospice home care team. All care is given in accordance with physician orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Must understand the Hospice philosophy and provide treatment to patients with severe pain and symptom management concerns, as well as dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Must comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional clinical expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. The registered nurse provides supervision to the hospice aide assigned to the patient. This day shift position will be scheduled for 8- or 12-hour shifts. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse, valid CPR card, and food handlers permit.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years recent (within the last five years) acute care experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care or oncology experience. Two years Home Health or Hospice experience preferred. Need to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a laptop computer. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills, flexible team player, clinical excellence, and triage skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patient, assess pain and symptom management needs.
- Develop nursing plan of care, interventions, and assure continuous re-evaluation.
- Maintain responsibility for patient’s care management from admission to discharge.
- Work in close collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and referring physicians.
- Administer treatments, including IV, respiratory, enteral therapy, and phlebotomy.
- Provide wound care and maintain catheter drainage systems.
- Manage medication administration.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Provide personal care, hygiene, and post-mortem care.
- Deliver patient and family education.
- Work independently in an organized manner utilizing good time management skills.
- Complete electronic clinical documentation within required timelines.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Use health care related equipment: patient lift device, gastric and respiratory suction, and oxygen systems.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Answer phones and perform clerical duties.
- Stock supplies in patient rooms.
- Light cooking as needed.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Application materials are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.