Job Posting #1062 – Administration Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Administration – Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Job Title: Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $19.44 – 29.16
Job Summary: Provide support to the Finance department in all phases of accounting, requiring a general understanding of accounting principles and their successful application with limited supervision.
Education & License Requirements: Requires a high school diploma and three years of progressive accounting experience and responsibilities, a two-year Accounting degree, or equivalent experience.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Requires a general understanding of accounting principles and application. A high level of computer skill is required, including mastering of the Sage 100 internal accounting package. Requires strong computer skills in using spreadsheets for data management and analysis. Prior experience in an automated accounts payable/general ledger environment is required; experience with Sage 100 is preferred. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process invoices and requests for payment through automated accounting software, produce reports, and perform other tasks related to accounts payable.
- Post month-end journal entries from a wide variety of sources and reconcile various general ledger account balances using computer applications.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of bank account statements.
- Balance and analyze various accounts, inquire to obtain missing information or verify unusual data, and resolve any problems and/or discrepancies accurately.
- Monitor schedules for accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist with monthly trial balances and custom report generation.
- Analyze facts to determine the best action to be taken within the limits of standard practice.
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial closings.
- Distribute financial reports and information to internal department managers.
- Gather and report statistical data.
- Provide back-up support to Payroll for biweekly payroll processing and year end reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of data and information exposure.
- Use strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Perform effectively, both independently and with a team.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and organizational skills.
Marginal Job Functions: Light cleaning, clerical duties, move furniture, equipment and supplies. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.