Job Posting #1060 – Occupational Health Ward Clerk
Occupational Health – Ward Clerk
Job Title: Ward Clerk
Department: Occupational Health
Responsible to: Occupational Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $16.60 – 24.90
Job Summary: Support the daily flow of patients within the Occupational Health Department by providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced, high-volume medical clinic environment. Assist Medical Records team by sending out referrals and requesting outside records as needed. Ensure exam rooms are clean and stocked with required supplies. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Computer experience and proficient keyboarding skills required. Experience in customer service, reception, patient scheduling and data entry preferred. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain professional demeanor in dealing with others and assure confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and ability to complete projects timely.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet patients in a professional manner, using excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Use computer system to check patients out after appointments.
- Help maintain flow of patients through the clinic.
- Pay close attention to detail to assure accurate entry of patient information.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality rules.
- Function as a member of a work team.
- Clean and stock exam rooms.
- Provide support for Medical Records, including sending out referrals, requesting outside records, etc.
- Use electronic medical record (EMR) system to retrieve patient medical records.
- Maintain knowledge of department policies.
Marginal Job Functions: Filing, faxing, phone and scheduling back-up. Credit card processing, cash handling, and assist with mail processing. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.